- In the U.S., content including books, journal articles, photos, audio and video can be (and for most things published in the last 50 yours or so, are) protected by copyright restrictions. Sharing these materials on Mandala can trigger copyright liability, so it is important to understand how the law works.
- This document will help to orient you about:
- The nature of copyright
- The right of "fair use" as applied to non-profit research, teaching, and scholarship
- Materials in the "public domain"
- Creative Commons and other Free-to-use Content Online
- How to use Mandala in light of copyright law
- This page does not provide legal advice