Make spreadsheets for your visualizations in Google Sheets.
- Go to docs.google.com/spreadsheets/
A list of Google accounts will appear
- Log in to your account
- Make sure you let Visuals access this account with authorize Google Drive access
Your Google Sheets page will open
- Click the Blank spreadsheet icon beneath "Start a new spreadsheet"
A new spreadsheet will open
- Title your sheet
- Enter your data
- The format of your spreadsheet will depend on the visualization you want to make
- Learn about specific formatting at the Visualization Index
- Learn how to set data types
- Set headers for rows if necessary
- These spreadsheet headers will determine labels on the visualization
- Learn how to set data labels
- When you are finished, click Share
Sharing settings will open in a dialog box
- Click Advanced
Advanced sharing settings will open
- Click Change next to "Private - Only you can access"
"Link sharing" will open
- Select "On - Anyone with the Link" or "On - Public to the Web"
- Click Save
- Click Done
Your spreadsheet is ready for Visuals